I hate vegetables. Help!
What do I do if I hate vegetables? I know I have to eat them for better health, but they don’t taste that great, and boring!
Listen, I know what it’s like to know that I need to eat more veggies, but I don’t have the time to cook them, or even eat them in the quantities they’re needed in. So I found this great tip by Dr. Eric Berg. Basically, you make your veggies into a smoothie. I thought it sounded pretty gross when I first heard of it, but I’ve got to say, I drink them just about every day now! It’s all about how you prepare them. Here’s the ingredients list:
- 1-2 cups Berries (you should stick to lower sugar berries such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
- Kale-the amount can vary. I use 4-6 cups of kale and squish it down, but it you’re giving this to a child, they may insist on a little less. Go with however much you want. I like to use kale, because overall, it’s one of the highest nutrient vegetables, but you can use another veggie or veggies if you like.
- Protein powder-this is totally optional. I use it because it makes my shakes taste good, and I exercise every day. As a shameless self-promo, I use my own protein powder I designed because it has no sugar, has all natural flavors and sweeteners, and kids love it!
- Sweetener-you can add a little stevia if you like, but it’s totally up to you.
- Some coconut milk or an avocado-1/4 cup of coconut milk (the type that comes in the can), or a cup of coconut milk from the carton, or an avocado go a long way in making it much creamier and palatable. As an added bonus, they also add fat to help balance your blood sugar and hormones, and if you add avocado, you’ll get a ton of potassium-win!
Now here’s the trick. You blend it for a couple of minutes, usually 2 minutes will do. If you don’t blend it well enough, it’s all chunky and nasty. Drink a portion of it when you blend it, and you can save the rest for later.
There you go, that’s it! A quick way to get in a day’s vegetables, which even kids will love! Feel free to check out our Pinterest page: we try to pin a lot of smoothie recipes there that we’ve found.